Join Our Team - Full Time role in our Slaithwaite office
Full time Sales Negotiator
Wm Sykes & Son is a family run Estate Agency practice specialising in the sale and rental of Residential and Agricultural properties. The company was established in 1866 and in September 16 we celebrated our 150th year in business. In October 2017 we opened our office in Slaithwaite as we joined forces with Jane Stocks Estate Agency to further our offering and reach even more customers. Throughout 2020 we successfully steered the company through the pandemic with the commitment and hard work from the team and continue to go from strength to strength.
We are looking to recruit a new member of staff to work in our busy Slaithwaite office. The position will involve working within our residential sales team working alongside valuers, sales support and the Holmfirth team.
Experience of working within Estate Agency is preferable, a keen interest in property, a good knowledge of the local area and previous customer service experience is essential. Applicants must thrive on working as part of a team and be adaptable in their approach to work.
The position is full time and involves working alternate Saturdays with a day in lieu.
- To take responsibility for managing the sales process for your portfolio of properties, maintaining regular contact with vendors, discussing marketing options, providing feedback and reporting all offers, verbally and in writing.
- To deal with day-to-day general enquires from customers in person, by email and phone, including arranging viewings, booking valuations, providing information about properties available for sale and to rent and adding customers to the mailing list.
- To follow up market appraisals with the aim of achieving instructions to sell the property.
- To attend accompanied viewings for both properties for sale and to let and provide appropriate feedback.
- To liaise with Solicitors and Mortgage Advisors to ensure as smoother a sales process as possible.
- Approachable and friendly manner
- Good team player with the ability to use your initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- A good eye for detail
- Clean driving license and access to own vehicle
- Computer literate
To apply for the position please send your CV along with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the post to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: Monday 17 May at 12 noon.