Broad Lane, Upperthong£365,000
3 bed Barn Conversion, Holmfirth
The Farmhouse is one of just 3 high quality homes that will share their own private access from Broad Lane. It will be completed to an exceptional standard combining traditional features such as exposed beams and stone fireplace with high specification fixtures and fittings. The accommodation will comprise: entrance hall, lounge, dining kitchen, rear entrance, utility, downstairs wc, landing, 3 bedrooms, bathroom and en-suite. Externally there will be a parking area for 2 vehicles and a garden area to the front. To the rear will be a pleasant enclosed garden area, landscaped with lawn and sitting areas.
Full DetailsTHE FARMHOUSE The Farmhouse is one of just 3 high quality homes that will share their own private access from Broad Lane. It will be completed to an exceptional standard combining traditional features such as exposed beams and stone fireplace with high specification fixtures and fittings. The accommodation will comprise: entrance hall, lounge, dining kitchen, rear entrance, utility, downstairs wc, landing, 3 bedrooms, bathroom and en-suite. Externally there will be a parking area for 2 vehicles and a garden area to the front. To the rear will be a pleasant enclosed garden area, landscaped with lawn and sitting areas.
ABOUT BROAD LANE FARM The farmhouse at Broad Lane Farm is believed to date back to the early 18th century and was one of a handful of traditional farm houses dotted around the hillsides surrounding Upperthong. Gradually the land around this area has been developed for housing and the farmhouse fell into disrepair, remaining un-occupied for many years. Holroyd Homes invested in the house and surrounding land and have developed 10 high quality detached homes in the grounds and now turn their attentions to restoring the original farmhouse and buildings.
There will be 3 properties in total which will be accessed from their own private driveway from Broad Lane. They are to be rebuilt using the original reclaimed stonework thus creating homes of modern construction with the feel and look of a traditional home. Internal features will include exposed beams and stonework along with a stone inglenook fireplace to the living room with traditional gas burning stove ideal for cosy winter nights. All of this will be complimented by high quality modern fixtures and fittings throughout. Each house will feature a stunning Siematic kitchen with quartz worksurfaces, matching island unit and bifolding doors to the garden.
Broad Lane Farm is located less than a mile from the centre of Holmfirth which features a wealth of local shops, bars, restaurants, supermarkets and its own live music venue - The Picturedrome. The town also benefits from an excellent High School and a number of good J&I Schools which are in easy reach of the site.
Expressions of interest and reservations are now being taken on these properties. Buyers who are successful in reserving at an early stage will have the option of influencing the final finish of their home.
ENTRANCE HALL An oak entrance door leads into the hall which features doors to the lounge and dining kitchen, wood effect porcelain tiles and a staircase to the first floor.
LOUNGE 19' 10" x 12' 4" (6.05m x 3.77m) With window to the front, chimney breast with living flame effect gas stove and central heating radiator.
DINING KITCHEN 19' 10" x 16' 2" (6.05m x 4.95m) The kitchen is of excellent proportions and will be fitted with high quality Siematic units with quartz worksurfaces and a matching island unit. It will be fitted with a full compliment of high quality appliances - see specifications below. There are windows to the front, bifolding doors to the rear garden, tiled flooring, exposed beams and central heating radiator.
REAR ENTRANCE With roof light to the angled ceiling and rear entrance door.
UTILITY 8' 6" x 6' 11" (2.61m x 2.13m) With fitted base units and stainless steel sink, plumbing for automatic washing machine, central heating boiler and window to the rear.
DOWNSTAIRS WC With two piece suite in white comprising low flush wc and washbasin.
LANDING With two rooflights to the angled ceiling.
BEDROOM 1 16' 3" x 11' 5" (4.96m x 3.50m) A double bedroom with mullioned windows to the front elevation and central heating radiator.
EN-SUITE 8' 2" x 5' 11" (2.49m x 1.82m) With three piece suite in white comprising low flush wc, washbasin and shower cubicle - see specifications below for the full details.
BEDROOM 2 15' 10" x 10' 5" (4.83m x 3.18m) Another double bedroom with mullioned windows to the front elevation enjoying the views and central heating radiator.
BEDROOM 3 9' 2" x 7' 0" (2.80m x 2.15m) With window to the side, rooflight to the angled ceiling and central heating radiator.
BATHROOM 7' 11" x 6' 5" (2.419m x 1.98m) The house bathroom will feature a 3 piece suite in white comprising low flush wc, washbasin and bath with shower over - see specifications below. There will also be a velux rooflight to the angled ceiling and central heating radiator.
OUTSIDE Each of the 3 properties is accessed via a tarmac driveway. In front of the house there is a double width block paved driveway and a small garden. To the rear there is a pleasant enclosed garden with stone paved patio area and steps up to a level lawned area beyond.
SPECIFICATION Feel assured that every home at Broad Lane Farm will be finished to the highest standard using only the best, high quality materials throughout. Our attention to detail in both the design and construction means this is no ordinary new build, it's your home and one you can be truly proud of.
EXTERNAL - Original stonework to be reused and pointed in natural lime mortar.
- Aged natural stone roofing slate.
- Black cast-iron guttering and downpipes.
- Vertical boarded oak entrance door with satin chrome ironmongery.
- Hardwood timber windows painted in heritage off white with satin chrome ironmongery.
- Brushed stainless steel exterior lighting. Tarmacked to private access drive.
- Tumbled block paving to house driveways.
- Drystone walling and hit and miss privacy fencing to boundaries.
- Turfed rear gardens.
- Natural stone paving to paths and patio.
- Native feature trees to front and rear gardens.
KITCHEN - Stunning contemporary Siematic kitchens incorporating soft close drawer system.
- Solid quartz worktops and upstands.
- Neff 4 zone induction hob and extractor.
- Neff integrated stainless steel multifunction oven.
- Neff built-in combination microwave oven.
- Zanussi integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher.
- Integrated under counter wine cooler.
- Under unit LED lighting.
BATHROOMS AND WC - High quality, cutting edge NU sanitaryware throughout supplied by the local experts; Easy Bathrooms.
- CARA illuminated demister LED mirror to house bathroom.
- Striking grey metallic heated towel rails to house bathroom and ensuite.
- The latest luxury porcelain tiles to walls (half height as standard) and floors.
- Walk-in shower units to master en-suite featuring chrome TORINO thermostatic overhead shower.
HEATING AND ELECTRICS - High performance Viessmann storage combination boiler providing both central heating and mains pressure hot water.
- Television cabling and sockets to all bedrooms, kitchen and lounge.
- CAT 6 cabling throughout allowing for seamless data distribution.
- Security alarm, mains smoke detectors and wired front door bell all as standard.
- Satin chrome socket and switch covers throughout (white plastic socket covers to bedrooms).
- All downlights in brushed chrome.
FINISHES AND FITTINGS - Contemporary ash staircase with glass balustrading.
- Stylish white oak veneered internal doors with satin chrome ironmongery.
- Quality carpets to all stairs, lounge and bedrooms.
- Stylish porcelain floor tiles to family dining kitchens and entrance halls.
- Stylish porcelain floor tiles to family kitchens.
- Heritage off-white emulsion to all internal walls.
PLEASE NOTE Photographs are of other properties by Holroyd Homes.
VIEWING By appointment with Wm Sykes & Son. Note that as this property is still in the process of construction an internal viewing will not be possible at this time but a site visit can be arranged.
LOCATION From the centre of Holmfirth take the A635 Greenfield Road to Compo's fish restaurant. Turn right onto Parkhead Lane, turn left onto Broad Lane and continue up the hill. Broad Lane Farm will be found on the right hand side.