Slaithwaite Office: 01484 847700
Wm Sykes & Son have been synonymous with agricultural sales since 1866. Our agricultural team offer a specialised service for the sale of land, farms, farmhouses, cottages and barn conversions.
The team is headed up by senior partner, Paul Dixon. Paul has over 40 years’ experience in agricultural property. He is assisted by Rebecca Stafford BSc (Hons) MRICS FAAV, John Firth BSc (Hons) MRICS, qualified Chartered Surveyors with over 30 years of experience between them.
What do we offer?
- Sales by auction and private treaty of all types of agricultural property, livestock and machinery
- Valuations and sales of agricultural properties for sale, letting, insurance, income tax and capital tax planning, probate, court proceedings, business reorganisation and refinancing
- Advice on the redevelopment of barns and farmyards for residential purposes
- Regular collective sales of machinery and effects at the New Fair Field, Hade Edge, Holmfirth. (Next Sales Saturday 9th May and Saturday 15th August 2020 at 11 am). Check out the latest events.
Professional work including:
- Single Payment Scheme/Basic Payment Scheme and entitlements
- Tenancy agreements and licences
- Compensation claims against utility companies for damages and crop loss and negotiating easements across land
- Negotiating contracts for mobile phone masts and wind turbines
- Planning applications for agricultural dwellings and buildings
- Development appraisal for non-agricultural development and diversification
- Environmental and stewardship schemes
Please call Rebecca, Paul or John on (01484) 683543 to discuss any of these matters in confidence or email Rebecca Stafford (firstname.lastname@example.org) John Firth (email@example.com) for further information.